MOREWOOD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Our area (EOHU) has gone into a pandemic response level which allows churches to re-open.
We are re-opening on Sunday, Feb. 21st 2021 for inperson services, but will follow these guidelines.
- We are once again limited to 30% of our church capacity, which for us is 30 people.
- All common areas will be cleaned and sanitized regularly with special attention given to areas of high touch including backs of pews, washrooms and door handles.
- Pews will be barriered to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, and everyone will be required to use it on entry.
- Hymn books will still be able to be used but you are asked not to share except with immediate family.
When you arrive for worship, you will find some things different:
- You will be asked to keep a social distance between one another as you enter the sanctuary and when exiting the sanctuary. Please follow any directional signs that may be posted.
- You will be asked to leave your offering in a plate that will be on a the window sills at the back of the sanctuary.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands and then immediately proceed to take a seat where you will stay for the duration of the service.
- If there are responsive readings or other participatory responses, you are encouraged to keep your voice low. For the sharing of the peace, you are asked to turn and smile or wave to those around you.
- For the hymns, you are encouraged to follow the words but to hum rather than sing.
- The use of printed bulletins will be suspended till further notice.
- Families are asked to sit together and children to remain with their parents.
- Separate children’s activities will not happen for the immediate future.
Finally, you are encouraged to attend services only if you are comfortable. Online services will continue with links on both our website (under sermons) and on our Facebook page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your elder.